Seasonal Drinks to Try this Fall

Seasonal Drinks to Try this Fall

Emily Smith

To get in the fall mood, coffee shops are releasing new must-try festive flavors. Instead of sticking with the classics, order these autumnal drinks while they are still in season. Everyone gravitates towards the pumpkin spice flavors once fall rolls around, but there are plenty of other options just as delicious that can also “spice things up” this season. Student’s favorite shops like Marylou’s, Starbucks, and Dunkin’ Donuts are all bringing their own flavors to the table. So, instead of continuing to order the same beverage every time you pull through the Starbucks drive-thru, have some fun and expand your coffee horizons.

How to order: Ask for a Maple Pecan Macchiato with butter pecan swirl.

In honor of the new flavor Dunkin’ Donuts added this August, fifteen new franchises opened on Maple Streets, Roads, and Avenues around the country. They gave away free Maple Pecan Macchiatos to the first five hundred customers at each new location on August 28. Even though it is no longer available for free, the new fall flavor is definitely worth a try. This coffee is extremely customizable as well, as it is available hot, iced or frozen in all brews. With seven locations in Walpole alone, it’s easy to get your hands on this festive favorite.

How to order: Ask for Cinnamon Hazelnut fluff with a mocha base, and whipped cream.   

The newest Marylou’s franchise in Westwood may have only just opened last month, but they have already become a town favorite. With over fifty iced coffee flavors, there is no excuse to order the same thing twice. Hidden among Marylou’s sea of flavors is Cinnamon Hazelnut Fluff. Even though it is over ice, this drink gives off major fall vibes. Marylou’s combined a sweet marshmallow flavor with hazelnut and a cinnamon blend to top it off. With a mocha iced coffee base, the unique ingredients add an unexpected kick.

How to order: Ask for a regular chai latte with almond milk

Chai has always been a classic fall essential, and no one knows the in’s and out’s of it like Starbucks. The chai tea flavor has been on the menu full-time since the company’s beginning, but it is predominantly ordered in the fall because of its variety of spices that scream autumn. Chai tea is essentially black tea, but what makes it so special is that it is blended with a variety of spices like cinnamon, cloves and ginger. It is time to try something new from Starbucks this season, so give this exciting blend a turn in the spotlight.

Emily Smith, Photography Editor

Emily Smith, Class of 2019, is the photography editor and a second year writer for The Rebellion. At Walpole High School, she is a member of the dance...