We are quickly approaching the one night a year where we have the excuse to completely transform into someone else: Halloween. It will soon be October 30th and more likely than not you will be scrambling to put together a costume for your Halloween party the next night. At this point, the light hearted, fun holiday can turn into a stress-filled nightmare—don’t let it. If you find yourself in a pinch on the night of that Halloween party you were invited to, The Rebellion is here with some quick do-it-yourself costumes that you can pull together with items you probably already have around your house.
- Nerd: The nerd is one of the easiest costumes to pull together. Everyone has a button-up shirt in their wardrobe, so pair it with any skirt, your dad’s tie, knee-high socks and a pair of flats, loafers or Sperries. DIY some suspenders using ribbon if you want to take it to the next level and of course you cannot forget about the iconic glasses (3-D movie glasses with lenses punched out work great). Voila, smart and cute!
- Your Favorite Kardashian: Channel your inner high-maintenance beauty queen by choosing your favorite member from the tabloid-famous family. Any neutral outfit will work for pretty much any of the girls. Full glam is totally necessary and don’t forget to accessorize with a handbag and sunglasses to hide from the paparazzi.
- Cheerleader: Who says only boys can rep their favorite sports team this Halloween? Start by throwing on a tee from your favorite team and tie it in a knot on the bottom to flirt things up like any cheerleader would. Pair your top with a tennis skirt, shorts or spandex. Complete your look with sneakers, DIY pom poms made of string (check out any YouTube video to figure this one out), and maybe even a little eye black.
- Fave Sports Player: Chances are you probably have a bunch of jerseys from your favorite sports teams lying around in your closet, so throw one on along with some of your sports equipment to complete the costume. For all the hockey players, add some black and blue makeup around your eye or fake blood to illustrate the aftermath of a fight. Eye black will hit the mark for football players and do not forget the team hat for a baseball player.
- Greaser: Who doesn’t want to channel their inner John Travolta for a night? A greaser is an easy costume to pull together with things you most likely already have. Toss on a white t-shirt with a pair of jeans, and of course do not forget to add a leather jacket and some hair grease.
- Prisoner: If you’re looking to dress up as a prisoner, you can go the stripes route or for the orange jumpsuit. Since you probably do not own striped pants, an over-sized orange V-neck t-shirt with a long-sleeved striped shirt underneath works great. Just stick to black pants if you do not have stripes or orange on hand and complete the costume with black boots or sneakers.
- Your Favorite App: In today’s day and age, social media has taken the world by storm, so why not dress up as your favorite app? To start, buy a large piece of poster-board and some string. Grab some markers and a hole punch from around your house and simply draw the app on the piece of poster-board, punch two holes in each upper corner and tie on the string so you can hang the app around your neck.
- Snapchat Filter: Another social-media oriented idea is to dress as your favorite snapchat filter. Whether it be the starry head, flower crown, the fox/bear with glasses… the list goes on! Choose your fave and DIY it!
- Pennywise From “It”: We have all heard of the iconic clown from Stephen King’s novel and the recently released movie: Pennywise. If you are looking to go the more scary costume route, this very creepy clown is a great option. Clown makeup is available at pretty much all party stores, so paint up your face, grab a red balloon and go!
- Sandy and Danny: Headed to a Halloween party with your significant other? Why not team up and dress as the iconic couple from Grease. The costumes are fairly easy and you probably already have most of what you need in your closets. For Sandy, throw on a black shirt (off-the-shoulder if you have one) black jeans (leather if you have them) and a pair of heels, preferably red. Curl your hair and apply some cherry colored lipstick to complete your look. For Danny, a white tee, pair of jeans and a leather jacket is all you need to channel your inner Greaser, and of course you should slick back that hair to truly embrace your character.
- Betty and Veronica: The newly popularized TV show Riverdale holds a lot of good opportunities for Halloween partner costumes—one of those being the best friend duo Betty and Veronica. To pull off this duo, here is what you’ll need: for Veronica, think classic and preppy. Start off with a nice skirt, preferably black or grey, paired with black tights and heels. You’ll want to pair this with a blouse, peter pan collar if you want to go the extra mile, a pearl necklace, and maybe even a headband to top it all off. For Betty, go a little more casual. Throw on a pair of jeans with any pastel cardigan and a plain white tee. You cannot forget to wear your hair in her classic high pony, of course curled! Finish off your look with a pair of sneakers or flats.
- Tom Brady and Bill Belichick: If you and your best bro want to channel an iconic duo, look no further than Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. For Tom, you’ll of course want to wear a TB12 jersey with some eye black and maybe some other football gear if you want to go all out. For Bill, throw on his classic Pats sweatshirt with the sleeves cut off and a pair of sweats or shorts. You should also make sure to have a clipboard in hand and the headset on.