February: the month with the least amount of days but the most amount of love to go around! From love letters to candies, everyone is on the hunt for a meaningful gift or treat that will convey their appreciation to their loved ones. Look no further than this festive and delicious recipe to fulfill all of your Valentine’s Day gift giving needs!
꩜ 1 package of oreos (chocolate or vanilla)
꩜ 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese, softened
꩜ 4 packages (4 oz. each) of white baking chocolate
꩜ Red food coloring (optional)
꩜ Pink and red heart sprinkles (optional)
꩜ Food processor or large ziploc bag
꩜ Large bowl
꩜ Large spoon
꩜ Parchment paper
꩜ Baking sheet
- Put your oreos in a food processor, or into a large ziploc bag, and either process or crush your oreos by hand/with the help of a rolling pin.
- Once your oreos are fully crushed into a powder, put them in your bowl along with your softened cream cheese. Use the spoon (or your washed hands, because let’s be honest, it´s easier) to combine the cookie crumbs and cream cheese to form a dough.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment paper. Next, roll your dough into small 1-inch balls and place them on your baking sheet. Place them in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt your chocolate in the microwave in 15 second increments, mixing between each one. Once your chocolate is fully melted, put in a few drops of red food coloring and swirl until you’re white chocolate turns pink! Now you’re ready to dip!
- After the 10 minutes, remove your oreo balls from the freezer and one by one drop each ball into the chocolate, mixing it around and making sure it is fully coated. Before the chocolate hardens, dust the ball with festive heart sprinkles! Place the ball back onto the parchment paper covered baking sheet.
- Once all your truffles are coated and sprinkled, put them in your refrigerator until they are hardened! Voila, done! Package some up for your friend, boyfriend or girlfriend, or just eat them all yourself! Happy Valentine’s Day!
Find Original Recipe Here: