It’s official: the end of May is here, June is more than on its way, and school is over (for the seniors, at least). So, I am here to do my final Mixing with Mel blog and for the theme this time, I am doing a dessert that would be great to bring to all those graduation parties you’ll be attending in the coming weeks.
Two things we all love: brownies and oreos…so why not put them together? Cookies and creme oreos not only sound delicious, but they’re also super easy to make and like me, you may not even have to leave your house to buy any ingredients!
- 1 box of brownies mix
- ¼ cup water
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- oreos (1 pack should suffice)
- vanilla frosting (maybe…i’ll explain later)
To make this mouth-watering dessert, follow these simple directions:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease the bottom of the pan you usually use for brownies.
- Mix the brownie mix, water, oil, and eggs until well blended: This part you’ve probably done 1,000 times, but look at the brownie box if you need further instructions.
- Crush up 10 oreos: To do this, I put ten Oreos in a plastic Ziploc bag and smashed them with my hand. This way, there’s zero mess and the oreos are crushed to perfection.
- Add crushed Oreos to brownie batter and mix.
- Spread brownie and oreo mix in the greased pan and bake for 24 – 26 minutes: Again, if you’re not sure on how long to keep them in the oven, refer to the directions on the brownie box. Once the time is up, make sure the brownies are fully cookies by inserting a toothpick into them and see if it comes out clean; if so, they are done.
- Let brownies cool for at least 1 hour.
- Create icing: For this, you can do one of two things. First, you can use vanilla frosting (like I hinted to earlier) and microwave the frosting for 10 – 15 seconds, until you are able to drizzle it. Or if you are like me and don’t have frosting around your house normally, you can make icing with confectioners sugar and water; by adding a little bit of water at a time, the sugar will gain drizzle consistency.
- Drizzle the icing over the brownies.
- Crush about 5 more Oreos and sprinkle them over the icing-covered brownies.
In the simple 9 steps, you have a simple dessert like brownies, but with a new variation that everyone will love. So, have fun at all the parties and impress your friends and family with your creative baking.